Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of my favorite bread machine recipes.It has a lovely color.
Make and share this Carrot Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place water and carrot into blender and blend until you have a carrot juice.
- Combine all ingredients ( including the carrot juice) in the order given.
- Select White Bread and push start.
- Important: Check the dough after about 5 minutes, if its too wet then add a tablespoon of flour at a time, if its too dry then add a tablespoon of water at a time, until dough forms a smooth round ball.
A . Don't even bother pureeing the carrot, just grate it on the smallest grater holes and plop in. Looks like confetti cake, and tastes fabulous.
made this as directed, did not puree carrots just shredded them in grader, also added 1/4 cup raisins,1/4 cup chopped nuts. baked as directed. Bread was heavier than regular bread. Also toasted the sliced bread and buttered it lightly, then added a small 1/2 Tbs. of cream cheese frosting as the bread is not sweet. This was the trick for my hubby. He ate most the loaf himself. It's like tasting cake, yet toasted. Yum!
Very pretty color and good texture that is slightly heavier than normal white bread. You don't actually taste the carrot or know that there's carrot in this. I didn't use a bread machine and baked at 375F for about 45 minutes. Thanks.