Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy moist carrot bar recipe that always gets lots of recipe requests. I found in a local church cookbook. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 (6 ounce) jars carrots (3rd Food baby food)
- 4 eggs
- cream cheese frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift first 5 ingredients together in small bowl. In larger bowl add next 4 ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared sheet cake or 2 9X12 cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting when cool.
These bars were so simple to make! The taste was there, a very delicious bar. I'm going to try adding some nuts next time for a little more texture. The icing was a little too runny, when I checked other recipes they called for less margarine. I don't know if it was just my oven but I found that I really had to start watching the bars after 20 minutes, they baked very fast. Thanks for sharing such an easy and tasty recipe.