An easy to make quick and delicious soup.
Make and share this Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe from Food.com.
- DO NOT ADD SALT UNTIL THE END AFTER TASTING.
- Make the stock with boiling water and two cubes.
- In a medium sized pan throw about an inch cube (or two tablespoons) of butter (NOT margarine otherwise Olive Oil) . Put it on low heat.
- Throw coarsely chopped onions, ginger and garlic and stir it for a couple of minutes. Lower the heat even further but don’t let the butter burn.
- If it starts to stick add a few spoons of stock.
- Once the onions go a bit limp, add carrots and saute (stir fry) them for a bit (a minute or two).
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Once it starts to boil. lower the heat, add the coriander and put the lid on.
- Let it cook on low heat until carrots are tender.
- Shift the contents to a blender (you made to do it in installments). Blend thoroughly and return it to the pan.
- Warm it for a bit and add freshly ground black pepper and seasoning.
- Dish it out in a bowl. Garnish with a few Coriander leaves.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls.