Recipe by Carrie A
The rice is so good--unlike any you've ever tasted. I've been making it for about 10 years and people I haven't seen in years still want me to come and make it for them!
- 2 lbs meat (chicken, steak or pork)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli floret (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut
- 3 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 cayenne pepper (IF DESIRED)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, if you use cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- In one large skillet, prepare rice as directed on package.
- After rice is cooked, add 3/4 to 1 cup of butter; cover and set aside.
- In separate large skillet in tablespoon oil, brown meat.
- Half way through, add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 tsp onion salt, and 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder.
- Add sugar and cayenne (if desired). Cook 3-5 more minutes.
- Add all vegetables and cover for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Turn heat on high to cook rice.
- Mix melted butter in rice. Add remaining soy sauce and all remaining spices.
- Also add about 1/2 cup oil.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Fry for 5 minutes. Stir and continue frying for 5 minutes and stirring for about 2 minutes until rice is browned.