Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted from a copycat site in response to a recipe request. The author found that it tasted more like the Carrabba's dish when the melted lemon butter is poured over the scallops and shrimp and served instead of having it on the side.
- 4 scallops (size U-10 to U-20)
- 4 shrimp (size U-16 to U-20)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs, for breading
- 2 ounces lemon butter
- fresh parsley, chopped
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water 1/2 hour.
- Season scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat with olive oil, then dip in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Skewer and grill on both sides.
- Melt lemon butter and serve with seafood.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
Loved it... I used dry vermouth as the with wine in the lemon butter sauce! perfect.
It was good and very easy. It says me an hour and half drive to to Carrabbas!! Oh.. here is the lemon butter sauce.. I wish I would have known that.. I'll have to try to make this again! Thanks. Search on this website "Carrabba's Lemon Butter Sauce". I gooogled it everywhere and couldn't find it.. but I just searched "carrabba's" on this website and found the recipe.
I liked it but something was missing.Next time I took the shrimp and scallops and moistened them with olive oil and a few squeeses of lemon.Laid them on a foil sheet on the grill at 350.Then added an Italian seasoned breadcrumb coating to all.Took some melted garlic butter and dabbed it on the crumbs to moisten.Took a packet of lemon pudding and sprinkled it on everything(like salt).The lemon pudding made a gravy with the garlic butter and olive oil and it allowed the breadcrumbs to brown a little.Really tasty and catches the original flavor well.