Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Chef Josh Upton, Carrabba's Italian Grill - azfamily.com. I found this on Recipegoldmine. I have eaten this at Carrabba's in the past, and posting it to test its "authentic" flavor at a later date.
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, and butterflied
- 2 slices red bell peppers, roasted
- 2 slices zucchini, grilled
- 2 1⁄2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (i.e. caprino or chevre)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- black pepper, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Cover one-half of each breast section with one slice of roasted pepper, one slice of zucchini and a dab of goat cheese. Fold empty chicken breast half flap over the dressed chicken breast half; dust with kosher salt and black and white pepper. Grill to desired temperature.
- In 2 tablespoons butter, saute mushrooms and onions until softened. Add Marsala wine and chicken broth; simmer approximately 10 minutes on medium-low heat to reduce.
- A little at a time, add remaining 2 tablespoon butter until butter melts and mixture emulsifies. Place chicken in Marsala wine sauce; heat through. Top with tomatoes and fresh parsley. Serve with pasta.