Recipe by Justmez2
Originally called Stir-Fry Rice but since my sister gave recipe it was named after her. Great for any leftover meats! Very colorful dish! Use additional Lite Soy Sauce on individual plates. Cooking time is for the rice.
Top Review by Marsha D.
What a wonderful recipe! DH and I really enjoyed this dish. I did had my touch to it though.I added chopped fresh mushrooms and teriyaki sauce and sesame oil to the mixture to give alittle more flavor. Turned out great! I also used lefted over cubed chicken chunks and cooked hamburger chopped up in chunks for the meat.It was delicious and ready in minutes. Thanks for sharing your great recipe. :)
- 1 roll of pork sausage (we use Jimmy Dean-Sage) or 1 lb leftover chopped ham or 1 lb roast or 1 lb chicken or 1 lb beef, etc
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 2 cups stir fry vegetables, frozen
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce, divided
- 3 eggs, scrambled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in skillet. When no longer pink dump out on a plate with two or three paper napkins to absorb grease. Put meat in large pot.
- Leaving fat drippings in skillet (or add 2 Tablespoons oil if using already cooked meat), the defrosted veggies, onions and soy sauce.
- Stir-fry for 4 minutes then add to pot with meat, mixing.
- Cook rice on stove from package directions then let rice stand five minutes.
- Make scrambled eggs, however your family likes them.
- Add cooked rice and crumbled scrambled eggs to veggies and meat mixture then sprinkle with more lite soy sauce, mix together and heat throughly.
- If there's a vegetable you don't like add something you do, very versatile dish!