1/1 Photo of Carolyn's Stir-Fry Rice
Originally called Stir-Fry Rice but since my sister gave recipe it was named after her. Great for any leftover meats! Very colorful dish! Use additional Lite Soy Sauce on individual plates. Cooking time is for the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roll of pork sausage (we use Jimmy Dean-Sage) or 1 lb leftover chopped ham or 1 lb roast or 1 lb chicken or 1 lb beef, etc
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, frozen
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers or 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers or 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 2 cups stir fry vegetables, frozen
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce, divided
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1Cook sausage in skillet. When no longer pink dump out on a plate with two or three paper napkins to absorb grease. Put meat in large pot.
- 2Leaving fat drippings in skillet (or add 2 Tablespoons oil if using already cooked meat), the defrosted veggies, onions and soy sauce.
- 3Stir-fry for 4 minutes then add to pot with meat, mixing.
- 4Cook rice on stove from package directions then let rice stand five minutes.
- 5Make scrambled eggs, however your family likes them.
- 6Add cooked rice and crumbled scrambled eggs to veggies and meat mixture then sprinkle with more lite soy sauce, mix together and heat throughly.
- 7If there's a vegetable you don't like add something you do, very versatile dish!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolyn's Stir-Fry Rice
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 536.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roll of pork sausage
stir fry vegetables