Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
One of my best friends made this to serve at our monthly girl get-together. I thought it was delicious and got the recipe.
Top Review by jerri822
Wonderful chicken and dumplings. They tasted a lot like my grandmother's but so much easier to make. The broth was rich and creamy. I cooked the dumplings more like 45 minutes. Yummy comfort food. My family and I voted 5-stars for this one. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring first 5 ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat; stir often.
- Separate each biscuit in half, making 2 rounds per biscuit.
- Cut each round in half.
- Drop biscuit pieces, 1 at a time, into boiling broth mixture; stir.
- Place cover on pot, turn heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 to 30 minutes or until dumplings are desired doneness.