Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my best friends made this to serve at our monthly girl get-together. I thought it was delicious and got the recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large pot, bring first 5 ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat; stir often.
- Separate each biscuit in half, making 2 rounds per biscuit.
- Cut each round in half.
- Drop biscuit pieces, 1 at a time, into boiling broth mixture; stir.
- Place cover on pot, turn heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 to 30 minutes or until dumplings are desired doneness.
Wonderful chicken and dumplings. They tasted a lot like my grandmother's but so much easier to make. The broth was rich and creamy. I cooked the dumplings more like 45 minutes. Yummy comfort food. My family and I voted 5-stars for this one. Thanks Nurse Di.
Wow- awesome, quick recipe! I boiled chicken breasts in some seasonings and used that broth instead of water (so much flavor). I also used 1/2 of a chicken bouillon cube, and substituted one of the cream of chicken cans with cream of mushroom. I feel like the biscuit halves were too big, so next time I'll cut them smaller. My first time making chicken and dumplings and it tastes awesome! Thanks for an awesome recipe!
This was so easy and really delicious! I added green beans, corn, carrots and celery. I also used 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1 can of cream of chicken instead of 2 chicken. I added some other herbs and spices and some cornstarch to thicken it up a little. My fiance and I don't have time to cook since we are in school and this was just perfect. I don't think you can tell the difference between the biscuits and homemade dumplings. Thank you so much for posting!