Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I usually multiply the quantities and make a whole bunch of these tasty "bullets". They freeze well and come in handy when I have no time to cook or unexpected company drops by. They would, shaped a little smaller, make a great finger food at a cocktail party. You could make them ahead and reheat them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except flour and paprika.
- Mix well, kneading with your hands until the mixture can be formed into balls.
- Make golf-ball sized meatballs then elongate them to form into rolls 3/4 inch in diameter, 2 to 3 inches long, tapering at each end.
- Roll in flour and paprika mixture.
- Broil under moderate heat, turning rolls occasionally to brown all sides.
I was going to post this. I found it in "The Complete American Jewish Cookbook" from the 1950s. Goes with just about any side dish...
I thought these were very tasty. The combination of seasonings was delicious. Instead of making these cocktail size I made them large and round. I served them with egg noodles and brown gravy. This will be a keeper in our house.