Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious and so easy!! This recipe has been nominated by the family to be in our top 10. It's an easy weeknight meal, but good enough to serve for entertaining. This dish is meant to be served over just plain white long grain rice, but really any rice will do. I made a green salad and fried up some tostones to go along with it. So good! This recipe is from the cookbook "The One Armed Cook" ( a cookbook for young moms with small children). This is a great cookbook and I have no small children at home. I double the recipe for my family.
- 1 teaspoon garlic, copped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, I used canned fire roasted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce (we used a carribean kind)
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, cook the garlic and onion in the oil until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, tomatoes, coconut milk, and milk. Heat for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro and shrimp. Add hot sauce to taste.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes until shrimp are pink.
We absolutely love this. It is easy with excellent flavor. I served mine with fettuccine noodles.