Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from an old (1970s) Betty Crocker cookbook. I misplaced the recipe, and after years of searching I finally found it. I'm adding it to food.com for safekeeping. This is a sweet pineapple-based sauce; serve with baked ham or grilled ham steaks. It's a great substitute for the raisin-mustard sauce that is traditionally served with ham. You can substitute nutmeg if you don't like cloves. Prep and cook times are approximate. This makes enough sauce for 2 - 4 people. You can scale up the recipe to serve more. Leftovers can be reheated on the stove or in the microwave.
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice.
- Add water, if needed, to the reserved juice to equal 1/3 cup.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, and cloves.
- Stir in orange juice and the water/pineapple juice mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Add pineapple and raisins, and cook (and stir) 2 more minutes.