Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pumpkin with a kick! I haven't tried this yet but looks interesting. Made for ZWT 5.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- oil, for frying
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and the salt. Beat the eggs until fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs, hot pepper, melted margarine then the milk to dry ingredients and beat with a fork till smooth.
- Stir in crushed pumpkin,(batter should be of a dropping consistency) add more milk if desired.
- Drop by spoonfuls into preheated oil at 375 degrees F. Fry 4 to 5 minutes or until evenly browned. Serve hot.