Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet and sour salsa to top grilled fish, chicken, beans or rice.
- 2 cups pineapple, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers or 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine.
Wonderful salsa! We enjoyed the use of pineapple and kiwi. It makes generous sized portions; even halved, two of us got multiple servings out of it. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
The flavour in this salsa is excellent! I really liked the sweet of the pineapple and bell pepper mixed with the tartness of the kiwis. I added one small, very finely chopped habernero pepper (holy hannah, they're hot!) instead of the cayenne, and a dash of salt. A very refreshing salsa that I will make again! Thanks, Ice Cool Kitty! Made for ZWT5.
*Reviewed during ZWT5 Caribbean visit for Zaar Chow Hounds Team* Wonderful! We really enjoyed this salsa with pan-cooked basa fillets. Used a whole fresh Bethonga pineapple and new seaon kiwis. Also just used yello bell peppe/capsicums- which complimented the sweetness of the pineapple. I loved the sweetness mixed with the cilantr/coriander leaves and the lime juice. Went perfectly with our fish. Actually I could have just eaten a whole bowl full of the Kiwi Salsa. ANyone who doesn't like heat could easily just omit the cayenne pepper.