Recipe by KristenErinM
the combination of sweet and spicy is unexpected- i really liked it. it got mixed reviews around my dinner table.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 lb cooked chicken, thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup baking raisins
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- combine cornstarch, 1/2 the pineapple juice, thyme, mustard, and red pepper. set aside.
- sprinkle chicken with salt and saute for 3-4 minutes with cooking spray. pour remaining pineapple juice into skillet. add onions and raisins and cook for about a minute. stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. cook and stir until thickened 1-2 minutes. stir in bananas and serve over rice.