Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Just go for it, its lovely and mellow and really really soft
- 226.79 g ready to eat pitted prunes, chopped very finely
- 113.39 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 170.09 g sugar
- 170.09 g flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 6 cardamom pods
- 0.25 ml salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350°F.
- Grease and line a 10inch square dish with greaseproof paper and butter.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the prunes then take off the heat.
- In a blender, put the eggs, sugar, vanilla and cardamom (seeds only) and blend until the cardamom seeds are combined and add to the prune mixture.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly without over working the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes, then cover with foil, lower the heat to 160C/325F and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Allow to cool in the dish for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.