Norwegian Cardamom Cake
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 -10 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch bundt pan with butter; dust with cookie crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- Place sugar and butter in bowl of electric mixer; beat until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, about 5 minutes total.
- Beat in cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Add sour cream; beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; turn out on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for the Goddesses of ZWT-9 & Family Picks - This recipe was made as written & the flavor is outstanding, but it was the texture that got my most immediate attention & the word VELVET came instantly to mind. The cake is a bit smaller in stature than most bundt cakes, but surprisingly I had to cook it an extra 10 min for it to test done w/a toothpick. This delicious cake will be served to family & friends at an afternoon coffee (less my taste test portion) & my bet is I'll be asked for your recipe. Thx for sharing this sure-to-be-repeated recipe w/us. Yum!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.