Recipe by Tulip-Fairy
A great all rounder. Great texture and very simple to put together. I have been known to sub vanilla for the cardamon.
Top Review by habiibto_91
This cake was perfect, in my book. It was light, fluffy, the perfect balance of sweet with cardamom. Wonderful with tea. The only change I made was to add a few tablespoons of butter to the bottom of the pan and mix in a half cup of brown sugar. I them put the batter into the pan and when it was out of the oven, flipped it over like a pineapple upside-down cake. This addition gave awesome flavor and texture to the top of the cake. Would still be good without that addition, though. Excellent, a must make!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180c fan.
- Grease and flour a 23cm round cake tin.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add butter, egg, and milk and stir to a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into tin, smoothing the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in the lower half of the oven for approx 30 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from tin.