Kuwaiti Saffron Cardamom Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Posted for a call for Kuwaiti recipes in NA*ME forum. Originally posted on http://yasmeen-healthnut.blogspot.com with gorgeous photos!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat flour (not coarse ground)
- 1 pinch saffron thread, crushed and soaked in 2 tablespoon warm milk for 20 minutes
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 organic egg, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 3/4 cup sugar with finely chopped dates or 3/4 cup dates, paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1/4 cup almonds
- Heat the oven to 350°F Grease a round 8-inch cake pan with light butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the egg white until light and fluffy with soft peaks.Using spatula gently fold in the syrup used or the sugar along with cardamom and turmeric.
- Beat the yolk separately in another mixing bowl with the butter milk,the saffron infused milk and the oil.
- Sift together the flours and baking powder together in to a large mixing bowl, then slowly fold in the egg white mixture and york mixture.
- Pour in the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the nuts.Bakes for about 25 minutes until the top is light brown in color.
- Cool completely and slice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION