Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice crisp cookie that melts in your mouth. The dough is easy to handle, if you chill dough over night let it warm up a bit before working. Nice flavor too.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift together remaining ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill dough, roll and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake in a 350°F oven 10 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness of cookies.