Skippy Quick Cookies
photo by HokiesMom
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Skippy creamy peanut butter (you can use any brand you prefer)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets, arrange cookies 2- inches apart.
- With fork, gently flatten cookie and press criss-cross pattern into top.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly puffed.
- Immediately top, if desired with sprinkles, chocolate chips or chocolate candies.
- Cool completely before removing from baking sheets.
- Note: You can put the sprinkles on the cookies before baking them.
I give these a 5 star for what they are....quick, easy, made with minimal ingredients and quite tasty....now would I chose these over my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe? Probably not, but....it was just what I needed....something fast for tomorrows lunches.....I will definitely keep this on hand when I need to make cookies quickly! Thanks for sharing!!
I made a recipe from another 'Zaar member that is very similar to this except theirs did not use vanilla. That was the missing ingredient between a 4 star and a 5 star recipe! Fabulous. This recipe made a bit over 4 dozen cookies using a 2 tsp cookie dropper. I served these to 18 teenagers and came home with only 8 cookies left! They are a hit!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I AM A 69 YEAR OLD HOUSEWIFE AND I ENJOY MOST THINGS, ESPECIALLY NEW RECIPES. I LOVE TO BAKE, BUT DO NOT EAT MUCH OF MY OWN BAKED PRODUCTS. ALL ALL DELICIOUS, BUT I AM NOT MUCH OF A SWEETS PERSON. I COLLECT COOKBOOKS, AND HAVE HUNDREDS OF THEM.