Nancy's Pantry's Note:
The is a nice low-carb version of the delicious club sandwich. Recipe is from my Carb-Lovers Diet Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces cannellini beans (canned reduced salt, rinsed and drained)
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices wholemeal bread, toasted (thin slices)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 slices turkey bacon (cooked til crisp)
- 1Mash beans, garlic, oil, salt and pepper with a fork and reserve.
- 2Arrange 4 bread slices on a work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons white-bean mixture on each slice of bread.
- 3Top with 2 lettuce leaves and 2 tomato slices.
- 4Layer another slice of bread on each sandwich and top each with 4 avocado slices and 2 turkey bacon slices. Top with last piece of bread.
- 5Halve the sandwiches diagonally, and secure with toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carb-Lovers Club Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.7
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 1012.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 14.2 g