Breakfast Club Sandwich
photo by Ashley Cuoco
- Ready In:
- 18 slices bacon (about a 1 lb package)
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 18 slices tomatoes
- 12 leaves boston lettuce
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- Put the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Line a 15x10 inch (38x25 cm) dish with a sheet of parchment paper and let the sheet of paper go beyond each of the edges.
- Oil the sheet and the sides of the dish.
- Spread the slices of bacon on the cooking plate.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are a golden color and crisp.
- Drain excess fat on a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the cooking dish and bake from 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly moist.
- Cut the omelette in 6 portions. Set aside.
- Turn off the oven and return the bacon to the oven to reheat it.
- Assembly : Toast 3 slices of bread and spread mayonnaise on the surfaces.
- On one slice of bread, put the egg and three slices of bacon.
- Cover with a second slice of bread. Put 3 slices of tomato and 2 leaves of lettuce.
- Complete the assembly with a third slice of bread.
- Put a toothpick in each of the 4 corners of the sandwich and cut into triangles.
- Repeat the operation with the rest of the ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I scaled this back for 1 and cooked the bacon in the oven but cooked the egg in a small frypan on the stove top otherwise made as per recipe though I only cut it in half and the DM and I shared as I would have struggled getting through a full sandwich and we were both more than satisfied with half a sandwich each and enjoyed a filling and delicious breakfast, thank you Boomette made for Photo Tag tag game.
see 15 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>