Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Irish soda bread is my favorite, but this looked interesting.
Make and share this Caraway Beer Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces beer, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add beer and caraway seeds to well; stir in liquid into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
- Scrape into pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes.
- Brush top with half of melted butter.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove loaf to rack.
- Brush on remaining butter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.