Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this dish at a Club Med restaurant and figured out the recipe, since ingredients were obvious and distinct from each other. I really loved the taste and contrast of textures and flavors.
- 1 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1 lb fresh clean and uncooked shrimp
- 1 scallion, finely diced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup butter, accodring yo your buttery taste preference
- 1 peeled fresh jicama, in strips
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
For caramel syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (dark or light)
- 1⁄2 cup water (or less if you prefer thicker)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- On a skillet sautee in butter the scallion and shrimp just until shrimp becomes rosy.
- Add syrup and let it coat the shrimp.
- Place a bed of fresh jicama strips on plates to be served.
- Place shrimp with syrup on top of jicama strips.
- Sprinkle fresh rosemary small needles on top, to taste.
- For syrup:
- Mix ingredients and cook over stovetop just until syrup thickness. Stop further hardening by placing saucepan over
- a wider one with cool water.