Not only will this taste yummy, but it is a gorgeous presentation as well. You'll impress everyone! Vegans can substitute soy yogurt. From Public Health – Seattle & King County.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a broiler rack about 3 inches from source of heat. Heat the broiler.
- 2Arrange the pears in a shallow, flameproof dish in concentric circles, slightly overlapping each other. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- 3Broil until the brown sugar has carmelized and pears begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with the almonds and broil for about 1 minute or until almonds turn golden.
- 5Serve warm, topping each serving with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Pears With Toasted Almonds & Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 29.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g