Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A little twist on the classic of caramelized onions.
Make and share this Caramelized Onions With Fresh Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs white onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Peel and thinly slice onions.
- 2. Grease the sides of the crock pot.
- 3. Add onions, butter and thyme.
- 4. Drizzle with olive oil.
- 5. When cooked season with salt and pepper to taste.