- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced thin
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pear, slices
- melba toast
- whole grain cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onion. Cover and cook in hot oil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add mushrooms. Cook uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and onion is golden brown.
- Add cream cheese, blue cheese, milk, thyme or sage, salt and pepper to onion mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture melts. Serve warm with pear slices, Melba toast and/or whole grain crackers.