Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
The onions can be made ahead of time. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Tartlets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 t dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll dough on work surface, pinch seams to seal.
- Cut into 24 (2 inch) squares.
- Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and thyme, cooking 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cook 6-9 minutes, stirring constantly, until onions are caramelized.
- Stir in brown sugar and wine; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until liquid is gone.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Spoon about 1 T onion-mushroom mixture into each cup.
- Top with walnuts and cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tartlets from pan immediately.
- Serve warm.