Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
The onions can be made ahead of time. Recipe is from Pillsbury.
Make and share this Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Tartlets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 t dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll dough on work surface, pinch seams to seal.
- Cut into 24 (2 inch) squares.
- Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and thyme, cooking 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cook 6-9 minutes, stirring constantly, until onions are caramelized.
- Stir in brown sugar and wine; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until liquid is gone.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Spoon about 1 T onion-mushroom mixture into each cup.
- Top with walnuts and cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tartlets from pan immediately.
- Serve warm.