Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pasta dish features angel hair with tomatoes and bacon. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 59.14 ml butter, cubed
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.59 ml salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil, divided
- 453.59 g package angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 9 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 158.51 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaf, chopped and (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are a deep golden brown.
- Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 T oil to the skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with bacon, parmesan cheese and pepper; and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.