Recipe by Lainey6605
This pasta dish features angel hair with tomatoes and bacon. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 9 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaf, chopped and (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are a deep golden brown.
- Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 T oil to the skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with bacon, parmesan cheese and pepper; and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.