This pasta dish features angel hair with tomatoes and bacon. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 9 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaf, chopped and (optional)
- 1In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add the onions, pepper flakes and salt; saute until onions are tender.
- 3Stir in garlic.
- 4Reduce heat to medium low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the onions are a deep golden brown.
- 5Add the grape tomatoes, vinegar and 2 T oil to the skillet.
- 6Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 7Drain pasta; toss with onion mixture.
- 8Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- 9Sprinkle with bacon, parmesan cheese and pepper; and heat through.
- 10Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 398.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 16.9 g