Adapted from a recipe from "Baked Alaska" restaurant in Oregon. Dungeness crab meat is best, but King or Snow will work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 lb cauliflower floret, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces fresh crabmeat (leg or claw meat is best)
- smoked paprika, to taste
- 1Melt the butter in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Stir in cauliflower and slowly cook, being careful not to burn, until the cauliflower begins to show a caramel color.
- 2Add the carrots, celery and onion and continue to cook for two minutes.
- 3Add the flour and stir continuously until the mixture is fully mixed; it should have a paste like consistency.
- 4Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook while stirring for one minute.
- 5Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 6Ladle the soup into four bowls and top each with one-ounce of crabmeat.
- 7Garnish with smoked paprika and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Cauliflower Soup With Fresh Crabmeat
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 455.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g