Prep 6 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a great fast shortcut and the potatoes are excellent. I do this recipe to serve with roast pork, goose or chicken.
- 1 (16 ounce) can small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup brown sugar substitute
- Drain your potatoes well.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Stir in the brown sugar and heat, stirring until it bubbles. Wait until it turns brown and starts to caramelize.
- Add potatoes and cook 3-5 minutes (until heated through), stirring constantly.
This is excellent. I boil new potatoes first. If you like sweet potatoes, try this as an alternative. Your friends and family will rave.
VERRY DELICIOUSE!! I used the extra butter/brown sugar sauce to dip a banana in for dessert.
nice simple recipe, but taste wise nothing to rave over. I might try again, cut back on the butter, use the potato cut in half and crank up the heat to really brown them