Fast and Easy Paprika Potatoes
photo by FDADELKARIM
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces canned diced potatoes or 15 ounces canned sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan.
- Add the spices to the butter and stir.
- Drain the liquid from the canned potatoes and add the potatoes to the pan.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to coat all the sides of the potatoes.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Note: Adding the spices to the butter ensures that all the potatoes are evenly coated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made & reviewed for Ramadan tag 2009 in the NA*ME forum. When I boil potatoes for mash etc, I always make extra for salads & frittatas so I some potato in the fridge that I cubed & used instead of canned. I also added a good pinch of Schwartz Season All to the potatoes with the other seasoning / spices - delicious! The whole family enjoyed these especially the kids. Thanks Nasseh for a tasty, different potato side. :)
see 16 more reviews
This recipe did not rock our boat. I could not get rid of that canned potato taste. :-(.I'm not sure why the potato water needed to be added? There was plenty sauce to coat the potatoes. I added just a little. I will try it again and rinse the potatoes and add a little chicken broth instead of the canned potato water.Also some parsley would brighten up the presentation. I will review again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.