Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The original recipe suggested blueberry muffins, but I imagine they would be good with a variety of flavours... I think I'll try chocolate chip muffins next.
- 4 tablespoons butter (approximate)
- 2 large blueberry muffins
- 2 large bananas
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, melt enough butter to grease the bottom of the pan. Slice muffins in half and place them flat side down in the pan.
- Fry for two minutes or until browned. Place muffins on ovenproof plates and place them in the oven to keep them warm.
- Put more butter in the frying pan. You need a fair amount.
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise, then cut each strip into two.
- Place bananas in the pan and fry, moving them with a fork or spatula so they don't stick to the pan, until they are brown.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon, let cook for two minutes.
- Divide banana strips over warmed muffins, cover with any remaining sauce and serve immediately.