Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very easy Caribbean-inspired dessert, and delicious.
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ounces orange juice or 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Cut the bananas lengthwise and brown them in the butter.
- Set the bananas aside on a plate.
- Still on the heat, pour the sugar in the frying pan and allow it to slightly caramelise. Add the vanilla, the orange juice and the rum.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Coat the bananas with this sauce. Serve warm.
- Very good served over ice cream, with the sauce drizzled over top.
Simple, quick & really good!
This was so good served over vanilla ice cream. It is also nice to be able to make a dessert worthy of company in only a few minutes. Thank you so much Evelyn/athens!
Delicious! We used pineapple juice (and were kind of confused about the size of a "glass", so we just used 8 oz. - standard juice glass size in the US). Served this over vanilla ice cream, delicious! Thank you for a wonderful dessert.