An exceptional salad with a dressing to match.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Spicy Orange Vinaigrette (use 1 1/2 cups for salad)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
For the Apple Salad
- 1For the Vinaigrette:.
- 2Place orange juice in a small nonreactive pan over high heat and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 3Place reduce orange juice, vinegar, onion, jalapeno and ancho chili powdeer in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.
- 4Add honey and the salt and pepper to taste.
- 5For the Apple Salad:.
- 6Heat 3/4 cup of the spicy Orange vinaigrette in a medium saute pan, over medium high heat. Add the apples, cut-side down and saute until golden brown. Turn over and saute until just cooked trough, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Place the water cress and fresee in a medium bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of the remaining Spicy Orange Vinagirettte, season with salt and pepper and divide among 4 plates.
- 8Arrange 2 apple quarters on each plate, garanish with walnuts and feta cheese and drizzle with some of the remaining vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Apple Salad With Spicy Orange Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.7
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 349.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 7.0 g