Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
for all the carrots that are growing in our garden.
- 750 g carrots, peeled
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line 2 large, 2cm-deep oven trays with foil.
- Using a processor or mandolin, finely shred carrots. Place in a bowl. Add onion, oil, sugar, chilli and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Divide carrot mixture between prepared trays. Roast for 1 hour, swapping trays over in the oven after 30 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Allow to cool slightly. Using tongs, tear carrot mixture into pieces. Serve.