Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tasty sandwich cookies taste just like the real thing. They will perform a disappearing act at your next gathering if your family is anything like ours!
- 396.89 g package Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 60 Ritz crackers
- 453.59 g chocolate almond bark
- Melt caramels in a double boiler, or in microwave following package directions.
- Spread half of crackers with caramel, topping with remaining crackers as you go.
- Melt chocolate as directed.
- Coat sandwiches in chocolate. Cool on wax paper.
I didn't have almond bark on hand, so I used some Ghirardelli semisweet squares melted with a bit of shortening for the coating, and I used the "Hint of Salt" Ritz. I think that they would've tasted more Twix-esque had I used milk chocolate in place of the semisweet, but they were very enjoyable nonetheless. Aside from how easy they are to put together, I really liked the texture of the finished cookies. I do recommend making the caramel layer a bit on the thick side -- easy enough to do if you allow the melted caramel to cool a tiny bit before spreading the crackers with it. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013