Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a real treat. Recipe from Company's Coming cookbook. Posted by request.
- 295.73 ml flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, plus
- 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml corn syrup
- 118.29 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bottom Layer: Crumble flour, sugar and 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter together.
- Pack into ungreased 9x9-inch pan.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Second Layer: Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and condensed milk in heavy pot.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly as it burns easily.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat with spoon slowly until it shows signs of thickening.
- Pour over bottom layer.
- Third Layer: Melt chocolate over hot water.
- Pour over second layer.
- Cut into squares.
Yummy recipe. Surely hits the spot when you have a monster sweet tooth.I liked the caramel/chocolate taste of it. Very Easy recipe.As always, I had to bake the crust a bit longer(my oven always takes longer to bake). Tastes like another recipe I have tried on zaar.Thanks for the recipe.