My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using nuts, toast them in a small dry skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- 3In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- 5Once it starts boiling, cook without stirring until syrup turns amber, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and carefully pour in coffee.
- 7(Stand back, as caramel may sputter).
- 8Let stand for 2 minutes.
- 9Return to low heat and whisk until caramel has dissolved.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Swirl butter into caramel mixture.
- 12Gradually whisk in milk.
- 13Stir in vanilla and toasted nuts, if using, let cool.
- 14(The sauce will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week).
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.3
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 158.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 158.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g