Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Requires an ice cream maker but no cooking and no eggs. This is an overhaul of a recipe that was in the booklet for my ice cream maker. The original recipe was for coffee walnut ice cream & used all half and half and whipping cream. Being short on the creams, I substituted my coffee creamer. I didn't have walnuts but I did have toasted almonds. And since I was tinkering, I added the chocolate syrup. When I tasted it half frozen, I thought the coffee was too intense so I dolloped in the Cool Whip. The result was outstanding; smooth texture, chocolately, coffee flavor and a crunch of almonds.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup vanilla caramel liquid coffee creamer
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted almond
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- Heat coffee creamer and half and half till steaming (I heated it in the microwave on the beverage setting).
- Pour hot cream over sugar and coffee crystals and stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Cool completely.
- Stir in chocolate syrup, heavy cream and almonds.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Pour in ice cream maker and follow manufacturers directions.
- Add Cool Whip half way through the churn.