Recipe by Aunt Paula
What a delicious way to use up all that summer zucchini! The caramel frosting on these moist bars add so much to this recipe. My frosting set up fast, so I spread and frosted at the same time. You can cut your bars small or large size, I liked mine smaller. My kids really liked this, but I never mention they had zucchini in them! (hehe)!
Top Review by comfort dish
I thought the carmel frosting was the perfect addition to these bars! My family loves the bars I can't keep them into the house! I added cinnamin and upped the zucchini to 3 cups and they were fabulous!
- 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream 3/4 cup softened margarine, 1 cup brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and eggs in bowl.
- Sift in next 6 dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts in that order.
- Spread in greased and floured 10x15-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bring 1/2 cup melted margarine, 1 cup brown sugar and milk to a boil in saucepan.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Spread over cake; cut into bars.