Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Only makes 12..good without frosting..the caramel syrup is absolutely divine!
Make and share this Caramel Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- In make the caramel syrup, place sugar and lemon juice in a small heavy pan and stir until the lemon juice is distributed throughout -- Place over moderate heat without stirring until the sugar begins to melt. When the first signs of smoke appears, begin stirring the melting sugar with a large metal spoon. Continue stirring occasionally, so the sugar will melt and caramelize evenly.
- When most of the sugar is melted, lower the heat.continue cooking till the caramel is light amber and frothy. Don't be alarmed if it smokes, Don't let it burn.
- Just before the caramel is light amber, bring the water to a boil in a small pan. When the caramel is cooked, add the water all at once.
- When the syrup comes to a full boil, remove from heat and transfer to heatproof cup. You should have 1/2 cup of syrup. Let cool.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- in another bowl, beat butter till light and fluffy.gradually beat in sugar, lower mixer to medium. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Beat in flour with caramel syrup and sour cream just until blended.
- Spoon into paper lined tins.
- Bake until tops are firm, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in muffin tins on wire rack.
Once you add the sugar to this recipe it is delicious. My husband requests these whenever I make cupcakes.
Very good, but there is an error in the recipe. It says to beat the sugar into the butter, but the only sugar mentioned in the recipe goes into the caramel. So I added a half cup of sugar to the butter and it worked great!