Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
my friend shandra has given me this recipe. she says it is very good. i have not tried this but will soon. not sure of the origin of this recipe. cooking prep. is estimated.
- melt caramels with water in double boiler until smooth.
- layer apples and sauce in pie shell.
- combine flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- cut in butter until crumbly.
- stir in nuts.
- sprinkle over top of pie.
- bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender.
Absolutely delicious apple pie!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, using a 6" pie plate and it worked out great, enough for two of us to each have 2 smaller pieces or one large piece. Just loved the topping, nice and crunchy and so yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for fall PAC.