Recipe by sloe cooker
my friend shandra has given me this recipe. she says it is very good. i have not tried this but will soon. not sure of the origin of this recipe. cooking prep. is estimated.
Top Review by diner524
Absolutely delicious apple pie!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, using a 6" pie plate and it worked out great, enough for two of us to each have 2 smaller pieces or one large piece. Just loved the topping, nice and crunchy and so yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for fall PAC.
- 28 vanilla caramels
- 29.58 ml water
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 946.36 ml green apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- melt caramels with water in double boiler until smooth.
- layer apples and sauce in pie shell.
- combine flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- cut in butter until crumbly.
- stir in nuts.
- sprinkle over top of pie.
- bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender.