Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yes, I use prepared caramel ice cream toppers to give this sweetness and to kick it up chipotle pepper. This will please children and adults!
- 10 ears fresh white corn (husked and cleaned)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared caramel topping
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place corn in a very large piece of heavy duty foil or each one can have separate foils.
- Pour butter over corn to coat each cob and to butter the foils. Sprinkle minced peppers over some all or none ot the corn. pour caramel evenly over the cobs. Seal foil around corn tightly.
- Grill over hot coals for 5-8 minutes turning a couple of times.
- Season with salt and top with additional caramel if you like.
Amazing flavor combination. I made a packet of chipotle seasoned and a packet with no spicy stuff for my DS. Both hubby and son gave it 7 stars out of 5, edging out all the other dishes of the evening. We will make this again. Reviewed for ZWTIII
This was a great twist to my favorite summertime veggie (roasted corn). I like my food to have a kick of spice, but I have to admit that just the chipoltle was WAY too much heat for my taste. The adobo sauce had absorbed a lot of heat itself, so I ended up using a bit of the adobo sauce with the butter. I still ended up with a nice spice. I also had made fresh salsa that day, and added my leftover chopped cilantro to the corn packets. YUM! Will definitely make this again.
This was interesting, I had to try it for 4th of July BBQ, we thought it was good, but I think I needed to add more carmel and chili, I adjusted it for about half the corn. Thanks, we will try it again!