Recipe by YummySmellsca
The filling for my Baked Caramel Cappuccino Donuts - a luxurious, coffee and caramel spiked cream that you can serve as pudding in half-cup portions instead if you wish!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons vegan caramel sauce, such as Vegan Caramel Sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar, espresso powder, tapioca starch and salt in a large saucepan.
- Whisk in the almond milk until smooth.
- Place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and caramel.
- Pour into a bowl and cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then cover the surface with plastic wrap (this helps avoid a "skin") and chill 1-2 hours.