Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe at Allrecipes (submitted by LenoreRockchild) and I used it to modify an Isa (best vegan chef ever!) cupcake recipe, Fauxstess Cupcakes. I am currently trialing how this recipes freezes and I will update when I see how it goes.
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- Stir the margarine and brown sugar together in a pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, and cook for 1 minute until dark brown. Remove from heat, and whisk in the soy milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat the shortening together with 2 cups confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl until well blended. Continue beating, and gradually add the brown sugar mixture, alternating with the remaining confectioners' sugar.