Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chewy, chocolaty goodness! I am known at work for this recipe!
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix oatmeal, salt, sugar, flour, soda and butter together really well.
- Press 1/2 of mixture onto the bottom of a slightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- While it's still hot, pour the chocolate chips on top of crust. Spread to cover entire crust.
- Melt caramels and condensed milk in microwave. Stir frequently.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate layer evenly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oatmeal mixture on top (messy!).
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cool slightly and serve! Yummy, goopy goodness!
Very tasty recipe! The bars are a little soft (maybe I needed to cook them a little longer), but they taste great!