Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple and irresistible.
- 1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup butter, diced
- 7 ounces canned skimmed sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- lemon juice, to taste
- whipped cream, to decorate
- 1 teaspoon grated semisweet chocolate (for decoration)
- Bake pie crust according to directions on package.
- To make filling, combine butter with condensed milk, brown sugar and syrup in pan.
- Heat gently, stirring until butter has melted and sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and turns a light caramel color.
- Pour the hot caramel filling into the pie shell and leave until it is completely cold.
- Sprinkle the banana slices lightly with lemon juice to keep from discoloring and arrange them in overlapping circles on the outside ring of the filling.
- Pipe a generous swirl of whipped cream in the center and sprinkle with the grated chocolate.